Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whats Going on This Weekend?


As many of you know I reside in Denver, Colorado. I tried to go to Elitches this weekend with my family, which is a theme park in downtown, and that surely was a mistake. It was so crowded because of the Democratic National Convention.

After I learned they rented out half the parking for the Democratic Convention, and we would have to walk a long way just to enter, we just turned around and went back home, ate the food we’d fixed for lunch and sat back and watched a movie.

The Democratic National Convention is the thing that everyone is talking about right now. It’s the biggest thing going on in Colorado and around the world for the weekend of August 25th.

Michelle Obama’s speech was very much anticipated by all. After I quickly put the kids to bed, I was all eyes and ears in front of the TV. I think everyone wanted to know what she was going to say. Well, I must say there was no disappointment for me. Michelle Obama is so sincere and passionate. She is dedicated to her husband Barack and very much so to her beautiful two girls. She spoke from the heart and it was evident.

She’s very impressive. I really enjoyed how she spoke of her husband, how they fell in love, how she wasn’t sure about him at first, and so on. It appears they have a love so strong. And after nineteen years of marriage she still stands by his side. I really believe they both look up to each other. There’s such a sincerity about them both that I like so much.



Tinisha Nicole Johnson
Author, Writer and Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment