Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why do we feel we MUST love him?

I woke up this morning thinking about abuse and how the victim always feels responsible. Why is that so? My younger cousin was in this situation a few years back and she always felt she had to love her abuser because he said no one else did. That's why she stayed and endured the abuse- mental, verbal, and physical. I wrote a story loosely based off her experience as a young mother who survived domestic violence and it's titled "Silent Cries." "Silent Cries" is the first story in the uplifting and inspiring anthology, Somebody Prayed for Me.

Today, my cousin is in college and working full time! She's a single mother and I'm so proud of her for moving forward with her life. To assist her, I set up a website where books can be ordered and the profit goes to her, toward her college tuition and raising her son. I hope you'll be compelled to purchase Somebody Prayed for Me from her website. To ensure a Christmas delivery, however, please select the option to order from Borders, Barnes & Noble, or Amazon. The links are listed on the website's homepage. Please share her website and story with parents, teens, and any one who may be in a violent relationship. There is life after abuse and by the grace of God, my cousin has proved that.

The website is www.ShakestaWest.webs.com. While you're there, please read an excerpt from "Silent Cries" and be sure to sign the guest book. Your support means a LOT To me and even more to her.

Have a blessed Sunday and make every day count.

Linda
http://www.lindarherman.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment