Saturday, April 4, 2009

What happens once the affair is discovered?


As he walked hurriedly up the stairs, I ran behind him, begging and pleading, trying to explain my actions. Unaffected by my deafening cries, Antoine continued his plight up the stairs. Once inside our bedroom, he opened the closet door and threw luggage on our bed before snatching several work uniforms from their hangers. He packed his bags, refusing to look at me, speak to me, or even acknowledge my presence. I fell down to my knees, my stomach in knots. “Antoine, please! Please don’t leave! Please, baby! I’m so sorry!” I cried hysterically.
“I’m sorry too, India. I’m sorry for wasting six years of my life with you,” he snarled. The pain he felt was audible in his voice and his eyes glistened with tears. The storm raged; booming thunder and sharp lightning, as sheets of tears threatened to rain from his eyes.

Suitcase filled with toiletries, most of his casual belongings, and work clothes, he stormed downstairs, out the carport door, and out of my life. When I heard the engine of his Caprice come to life, I died a thousand deaths on our bedroom floor, heartbroken with no one to blame but me.


Ready to read more from this novel and find out what’s the cost of India’s affair?

COST OF OUR AFFAIRS releases
June 2, 2009
from Xpress Yourself Publishing!

www.XpressYourselfPublishing.org

Want to reserve an autographed copy?
Visit www.LindaRHerman.webs.com

1 comment:

  1. Linda,

    I am looking forward to reading your novel in June.
    Best wishes,

    Rekaya Gibson, Author
    The Food Temptress
    www.foodtemptress.com

    ReplyDelete