Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5...Life Without Wal-Mart

Okay folks,
Today was a little more challenging and really tested my commitment to my self-imposed 365-day Wal-Mart fast.
It is a chilly 30 degrees here in the sunny South and of course, I had errands to run this morning. I needed to pick up a few food items, light bulbs for my microwave, a bible cover, fireplace logs and a new fish for my desktop aquarium. All of these things could have easily been purchased (probably cheaper)at Wal-Mart. Boom! One stop and I'm done and back in the warmth and comfort of my home. Was I tempted? Hell to the yes! But I had to stay strong and honor the promise I made to myself. Ugh! No Wal-Mart this year. So, I traveled to four (4) different stores to gather what I needed. Luckily, they were all relatively close to each other.
I also realized something else today. Customer service really does exist! When I needed help finding the fireplace logs at Lowe's, not only did the worker tell me where to find them, she actually walked with me until I found them! Would this have happened at WallyWorld? My experience says "no". Hell, I can barely find a blue-vested person a Wal-Mart when I need them. And when I do luck upon the blue vest, it is usually comes complete with attitude.
Well, 5 down and 360 to go. Will I make it? Hmm...time will tell.

Until next time...peace,
Hazel
www.hazelmillsstories.com

No comments:

Post a Comment