Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Ants Are Coming!



With three years warning, could we defend ourselves from an invasion by a horrific alien race?




The Hive
By Chris Berman



Suppose for a minute that the Aztecs or the Incas knew that Cortez or Pizzaro was on his way with the Conquistadors. They knew it weeks in advance and instead of welcoming them as gods, they met them with every weapon they had at their disposal. Don’t you think history would have been different?

The Hive is hard science fiction set in the near future of 2019. The effort to defend the Earth uses actual technology tested in the US and Russia up until the 1970s but never put into production and proposed weapons programs currently under development. There is Political intrigue involving a duplicitous People’s Republic of China, a self serving reporter and a horrific unstoppable enemy whose only goal is extermination of the “soft-life” (human beings) that inhabit the third planet of the sun. The Hive is the story of humanity at last finding common ground and unification in our struggle to defeat a technologically superior enemy. It is also a story about the triumph of the human spirit as seen through the eyes of American aerospace engineer, Colin Hewette, who had lost his fiancĂ©e six years earlier and Russian/Ukrainian radio astronomer, Marina Asamova, who find love against a countdown to invasion.
Read More...



Meet Chris Berman...


Dear Reader:

THE HIVE is a science fiction novel with a little bit of a twist. When I wrote it, I wanted to combine an edge of your seat science fiction action story with a love story between my two main characters, one Russian and the other American. I am one of a group of men who found wives in the former Soviet Union. I am inspired by my wife every day. I'm not the type of man who drifts in serial marriages until they run out of domestic women who are wise to their ways, then go trolling off-shore, rather, I came from a strong, long term marriage of over 19 years. My first wife died of breast cancer. My second wife, Lareesa, from Ukraine was not opportunistic in any way as she had lost her husband to a medical error during a minor surgical procedure. She is also a brilliant woman who graduated Summa Cum Laude, first in her class here in America with a BA in psychology. I was not looking for a house servant or eye candy but someone with high intelligence as well as both inner and outer beauty and I found her. I felt there was a real story to tell here, set within an epic struggle of survival for the human race, showing that despite our many differences, we can come together. Somehow, I feel I successfully combined these two divergent genres (science fiction and romance) into an interesting book.
Here is my web site.
www.freewebs.com/chrisbfla Please visit and drop me a note. I would love to hear from you.

Warm regards,

Chris Berman


Chris Berman resides in Saint Augustine, Florida with his wife, Lareesa Polyakova and daughters Marina and Sabrina. Chris has an extensive background in astronomy and is a spaceflight enthusiast; familiar with the space programs both here in America and in Russia.




No comments:

Post a Comment